Open Positions at Fayette Cares
The Victim Advocate provides direct assistance to victims and survivors of domestic violence with a strong focus on providing intervention, prevention, and support services for adults who have experienced violence within intimate relationships. The Advocate is also involved in community education general office/clerical activities, and other efforts to maintain and develop program services. The Victim Advocate is a member of a direct service team who works out of the main Fayette Cares office but will occasionally be required to perform duties at remote locations in Fayette and neighboring counties. Some on-call, weekend, and evening work, as well as overnight travel will be required. This is a full time (40 hours per week) Exempt position with vacation, sick, holiday, and retirement plan benefits.
Qualifications and Desired Skills:
- Must support the mission, values, and ethics of Fayette Cares.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Behavioral Science, or related field; another combination of education/experience will be considered.
- Minimum of two years of experience working with homeless families, and/or victims/survivors of domestic violence preferred.
- Possess excellent administrative and human resources skills including: computer expertise, written and oral communication skills, time management skills, self-confidence, initiative, flexibility, and high degree of professionalism.
- Must be a team player, demonstrate motivation, exercise discretion and dependability, adhere to business profession code of ethics, require very little supervision once trained, and function well under stressful conditions.
- Demonstrated computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Internet, email, and databases.
- Demonstrated team building, problem solving, creative/analytical thinking and organization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to gather and disseminate information.
- Must be able to maintain program/client/agency confidentiality, and treat each individual with dignity and respect.
- Ability interact with diverse populations in a positive, patient, sensitive and non-judgmental manner.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
Although Fayette Cares does not have open positions at this time, we are always looking for new talent. Please submit your resume for review. We will contact you as we have opportunities that may be the right fit.
Fayette Cares Team Member
… everyone is so nice, courteous, and knowledgeable …
[Working for Fayette Cares] brought joy to my heart … to help so many people.
Internship opportunities are available through the University of Memphis and UT Martin School of Social Work. Contact us to learn more.
Fayette Cares is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability or genetic information etc. It is our policy to select the best-qualified person for each position in the organization.
Sign Up for Email Updates
Get invites, event info, news, updates and promotions in your inbox!
HELP US RAISE MONEY
FOR THIS IMPORTANT CAUSE
Gifts from caring individuals, like you, make up a majority of the support that allows the doors of Fayette Cares to remain open for those in crisis. Donate now to join Fayette Cares in creating lasting solutions!